The Department "Automation and Information systems" is the leading graduate Department of the Institute in the field of information technology. During its existence, the Department has produced about 1,000 specialists in the field of "Information systems", "Informatics" and "Automation and control".
Graduates of the Department successfully work in information, financial and economic departments and in services of automation of technological processes of large city-forming enterprises of the region, such as LLP "Ekibastuz GRES-1" named after Bulat Nurzhanov, JSC "Ekibastuz GRES-2", JSC "Eurasian Energy Corporation", LLP "Bogatyr Komir", etc.
Currently, the Department provides training in three undergraduate specialties:
• 5B070300 - Information systems
• 5B070200 - Automation and control
• 5B011100 - Informatics
Mission of the Department is to use knowledge, experience, corporate intelligence and moral potential, to provide quality training of IT-specialists, to create new areas of IT and develop existing ones. The Department supports the cult of knowledge and the desire for success, so implementation of the mission is aimed at training professionally competent professionals, as knowledge is a guarantee of a successful career in a prosperous society.
The strategic activities of the Department are:
▪ formation of scientific and pedagogical school in the Republic of Kazakhstan in areas related to information systems and technologies;
▪ increasing the quality of educational services and creating a positive image of educational services in the specialties of the Department;
▪ formation of consumers' understanding of the difference between educational services of EETI and competitors and maximization of our share in educational market of the region.
▪ creation and organization of an effective system of training highly qualified specialists, dissemination and application of knowledge in the field of automation, information technology and education in the process of training bachelors.
The competitiveness of the University is one of the main conditions for successful reform of the national education system. Ensuring the competitiveness of the University objectively depends on the work of graduate departments. Introduction of innovative education, integrated with the world educational systems, based on technical and technological progress has allowed the Department to take a worthy place among similar departments of all universities in Kazakhstan. According to the rating of Universities conducted by NCE RK "Atameken" together with the MES in 2018, educational programs in the specialties of the Department took the following places:
▪ 4th place (out of 26) in the specialty 5B070200 - Automation and control;
▪ 5th place (out of 33) in the specialty 5B011100 - Informatics;
▪ 31st place (out of 65) in the specialty 5B070300 - Information systems.