From the date of the basis of institute till 2009 there functioned three faculties "Engineering", "Economic" and "Faculty of Correspondence Training".
In 2009-2010 because of reorganization of faculties, they have been renamed on “Mining-metallurgical and construction”, “Power and transport” and “Economics and information systems”:
In 2010-2011 faculties have been transformed from three faculties to two: “Transport, power and information systems”, “Mining- construction and economy”.
In 2012-2013 administration has made a decision on association of faculties in one Engineering-economic faculty.
1184 students are trained at faculty in 2016-2017. 1007 person of them are trained on a paid basis, and 177 are trained on the basis of state educational grant. 176 persons are trained in Kazakh language.
95 teachers work at faculty. There are 5 doctors, 45 Candidates of Technical Sciences, 10 masters among them.
The structure of faculty, except for faculties includes educational and scientific laboratories, scientific bases and bases of educational practice, educational and scientific studies, classes, museums, and other divisions of the Institute. Educational process is carried out with use of all resources of the specified structures of faculty, and also research and other scientific and industrial establishments on a structure of faculty on the basis of contracts about innovative cooperation.
The supreme administrative body of faculty is the Academic council of faculty.
Following questions of management concern to conducting the Academic council of faculty educational activity:
- Consideration of directions and levels of the training, new educational programs and their representation on the statement of EETI Academic council, the statement of curricula on specialities, curriculums of disciplines of the curriculum, lists of specializations, programs of special courses, the control over their conformity to the state educational standards;
- Consideration and the offer of terms of reception to the faculty, confirmed by EETI Academic council;
- Listening to the reports of the dean, dean’s assistant, Departmentman of the educational-methodical commission of faculty and Department heads;
Competitive selection on replacement of professor-teaching structure posts, representation of offers on assignment of scientists and honorary titles on EETI Academic Council, promotion of candidates on competition of premiums, by faculty structure and worked in structural divisions of institute not less than 5 years. The procedure of elections is defined according to EETI Charter and the Regulations of faculty.
Operative management of faculty, consideration of current problems on educational, scientific, industrial activity, the control over performance of the Academic council decisions, realization of faculty and other divisions of faculty interaction and the institute is provided by dean's office of faculty. The structure of dean's office includes the assistant to the dean, appointed by the rector for the help to the dean for operative management of faculty and the methodologist.
The assistant to the dean is appointed for the help to the dean for the organization of educational process. The assistant to the dean is appointed and is dismissed by the order o f EETI rector on representation of the dean.
The assistant to the dean has a sphere of authorities and duties which realization has the purpose to prepare of highly educated experts.
The assistant to the dean on the legal status is the representative of faculty administration. In his activity he submits directly to the dean of faculty, and also coordinates his work with Departments, the educational-methodical commission of faculty.
TASKS OF THE FACULTY
1. Perfection of specialities curricula, coordination of working programs for all of the forms of training; coordination of planned schedules of in and out-of-class session.
2. Organization and coordination of methodical work of faculty Departments.
3. Control over terms and quality of preparation and release of educational-methodical manuals at faculty.
4. Analysis of faculty teachers’ work, studying and sharing of the advanced pedagogical experience; development of recommendations on the organization of educational process and independent work of students; studying of time budget of teachers and students.
5. Analysis of curriculum disciplines’ security with manuals, instructive-methodological materials, MM and computers. Maintenance of perfection of pedagogical skill of teachers, improvement of quality of carrying out all kinds of educational classes, stimulation of the organization and carrying out of experimental scientifically-methodical work of faculty teachers on use of new progressive forms and methods of training in educational process, organization of independent work of students, control of knowledge, etc.
2. Participation in certification and Departments of faculty, organization and carrying out of students’ interview about quality of teaching and educational work at faculty.
3. Organization and carrying out scientific-practical faculty conferences, participation in interuniversity and republican conferences.
The basic directions of work educational-methodical complex are realized through activity of methodical groups formed on Departments of faculty. Methodical groups unite the employees of faculty leading teachers on a cycle of related disciplines. Their work consists of development and perfection of working programs and planned schedules on corresponding disciplines, preparation of methodical recommendations for students and teachers, performance of researches on themes of faculty scientific-methodical work, analysis of security of faculty discipline with textbooks, manuals, instructive-methodological materials, MM and computer, studying and use of a positive operational experience of related Departments of other high schools, organization of scientific-methodical seminars, maintenance of participation of Departments’ teachers.
of educational-methodical Council of engineering-economic faculty
1. Tursunov N.Z. - chairman of Council, dean of EEF, Cand. of Tech. Sc., professor
2. Nurmaganbetova B.N. – assistant to dean of EEF, senior lecturer
3. Pak V.G. - member of Council, head of «Informatics and Automation» department, Cand. of Chemical Sc., professor
4. Rahisheva A.B. - member of Council, head of «Ecomonics and Management» department, Cand. of Econ. Sc., professor
5. Unajbaev B.B. - member of Council, head of «Construction» department, Cand. of Tech. Sc., senior lecturer
6. Icheva Yu.B. - member of Council, head of «Power Engineering and Metallurgy» department, Cand. of Tech. Sc., professor
7. Nuspekov Ye.L. - Member of Council, head of «Transport» department, Cand. of Tech. Sc., professor
8. Kebina N.A. - Member of Council, head of «Social Arts and Physical Education» department, Doctor of Philosophy, professor
9. Kainazarov A.S. - Member of Council, head of «Power Engineering and Metallurgy» department, Cand. of Tech. Sc., senior lecturer
10. Assylova K.B. - secretary of Council, Master
RESULTS OF TRAINING
Service of office-registrar is engaged in the analysis and results of all educational process at faculty. The following concerns to systems of internal monitoring quality of knowledge of students:
- Two midterm controls (7 and 14 week) over a semester and final, in the form of examination, course work (project), estimation on which are exposed in uniform electronic base;
- meetings on which students are informed through groups’ heads about training, educational and other processes,
- Advisers’ hours on subjects of students’ current progress and other questions;
- After midterm control reviews of groups are spent in dean's office on revealing the reasons of poor progress of separate students;
- Anonymous questioning among students and professorial-teaching staff on revealing satisfaction by those or other aspects educational, educational and other processes is annually spent;
Interview of employers has shown that the level of practical preparation is appreciated as follows: excellent mark is given by 18 % of interrogated; as good it was appreciated by 41 %, as satisfactory it was appreciated by 27%, asunsatisfactory by 14 %. Lacks of practical preparation of the basic are connected with unwillingness or absence of an opportunity to accept students during industrial practices on workplaces at some chiefs of industrial enterprises.
The analysis of employers’ responses for satisfaction a level of preparation of experts has shown the following.
1) Among estimations of a level of theoretical preparation (59%)prevails 4 points mark.
2) Among estimations of a level of practical preparation the estimation 4 points mark prevails.
3) The level of theoretical preparation has received excellent mark on 18 % and on 22 % less estimation gave satisfactory in comparison with a level practical preparation.
4) 14 % of the interrogated employers are not satisfied with practical preparation.
5) Significant part of employers is satisfied with work of graduates at the enterprise and estimates it, basically on 4 points (55 %).
6) Significant amount of employers (75 %), from stated wishes, have noted, that by good theoretical preparation young experts do not have not enough practical knowledge.
For higher preparation and reception of work skills it is necessary to increase quantity of hours of practical classes, industrial practice should be led in conditions approached to real conditions as much as possible; to carry out classes on special disciplines with departure to manufacture. The level of employment of graduates achieves 91-97 %.