History of the department:
The department traces its history back to the establishment of the Institute in 1994. At the beginning, the department trained personnel in specialty 5B071800 - "Power Engineering", 5B071700 - "Heat Power Engineering", to meet the need for engineering personnel of Pavlodar - Ekibastuz fuel and energy region.
For high-quality training of graduates, qualified teachers from Almaty, Karaganda, Pavlodar were invited to the department. At the same time, the material and technical equipment of the department in basic and specialized disciplines was reinforced.
Today, the department graduates bachelors in the following educational programs:
- 6B07121 - "Electric Power Engineering" (Power stations)
- 6B07122 - "Electric Power Engineering" (Power supply of industrial enterprises and cities)
- 6B07110 - "Heat Power Engineering"
Mission of the department:
Providing the high quality of educational services in the field of higher education in training specialists of a new formation, possessing the professional competence of a bachelor degree, defined as a combination of theoretical and practical skills, set up professional educational program of the direction Power engineering, the ability to perform professional duties in one or more activities; understanding of basic tendencies of theory development, and Power Engineering and Heat Power Engineering.
- training of highly educated, competitive, skilled professional personnel capable of being leaders in the field of electric and heat power engineering;
- development of bachelors' ability to self-improvement and self-development, needs and skills for independent creative mastering new knowledge throughout their active life;
- training of graduates based on the diversity and dynamism of elective modules of the curriculum, with a predominance of practical skills in competencies, able to perform professional functions within one or more activities based on the final results of training, taking into account the specifics of these activities, market requirements for organizational, managerial and professional competencies;
- formation of bachelor’s professional competence, defined as a set of theoretical and practical skills established by professional educational program of the direction of electric power and heat power engineering, the ability to perform professional functions within one or more types of activities; understanding the main trends in the development of theory and technology of electric power and heat power engineering;
- ensuring the quality of educational services and cultivation of intellectual curiosity, lifelong learning, search for excellence, development of human potential, professional skills and fostering the spirit of corporate identity;
- gradual transition to a three-level system of training highly qualified personnel based on accumulating credit technology of training;
- strengthening the motivation of students to receive high-quality educational services through the democratization of educational process;
- improving the technology of educational process organization, its focus on the implementation of students and employers interests;
- development and implementation of mechanisms that determine the responsibility of teaching staff and management of the Institute for provision of high-quality educational services;
- use and development of innovative teaching methods and international cooperation of the university in the field of education and science;
- improvement of material and technical, library and information resources of the university;
- creating conditions for personal development and education of students.