One of the most important directions of the strategy of new stage of development of the Republic of Kazakhstan is "bringing the education system, as well as training personnel to international standards".
Elbasy of the Republic of Kazakhstan N. A. Nazarbayev clarifies in his speeches that: "... First of all it is necessary to develop technical specialties we are experiencing a large deficit in and are forced to attract personnel from abroad". Lead by these provisions, the educational, scientific and industrial activities of the Institute are carried out in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan, regulations of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Charter and the regulations on the Academic Council of academician K. Satpayev EETI (hereinafter - the Institute).
Training competitive specialists in conditions of integration into the world educational, scientific and information community, by preserving and increasing the moral, cultural and scientific values of society.
- satisfaction of the individual, society, and the state interests in obtaining high-quality higher professional education, providing each student with broad opportunities in choosing the content, form, and duration of training, taking into account the achieved learning outcomes for each educational program;
- prepare graduates who are in demand in the modern labor market.
- ensuring the quality of educational services and cultivating intellectual curiosity, lifelong learning, seeking excellence, developing human potential, professional skills and fostering a corporate spirit;
- strengthening students' motivation to receive high-quality educational services through the democratization of educational process;
- improving the technology of organizing educational process, subordinating it to the interests of students and aimed at achieving key competencies;
- development and implementation of mechanisms that determine the responsibility of teaching staff and management of the Institute for provision of quality educational services;
создание в Институте единой информационной сети и внедрение информационно-коммуникационных технологий в учебный процесс, а также в управлении вузом;
- development and implementation of innovative teaching methods and interactive services;
- creation of a unified information network at the Institute and introduction of information and communication technologies in educational process, as well as in the management of the university;
- development of innovative activities and international cooperation in the field of education and science;
- development of material, technical, library and information resources;
- creation of an international training and research center for priority areas of science and technology of fuel and energy complex and mining and metallurgical industry of the country;
- creating conditions for personal development and education of students;
- implementation of international accreditation standards and criteria;
- raising the status of the Institute through accreditation.
The management of the Institute is constantly working and monitoring the progress of achieving the goals and objectives of Institute development. Every year reports of the rector, vice-rectors, deans and heads of departments are heard at the meetings of the Academic Council of the Institute and tasks for the new academic year are determined, taking into account the results achieved.