Research work of the department "Economics and Management named after Z.A. Galimov" is based on the requirements of the following normative and legal documents:
- Law "On Education";
- Law "On Science";
- State Program of Development of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan for 2016-2019 years;
- GOSO RK 5.01.024-2008 "Research work";
- State compulsory standard of higher education;
- State compulsory standard of postgraduate education;
- Rules of accreditation of subjects of scientific and (or) scientific and technical activities;
- the provisions on the competition "The best teacher of the university";
- Regulations "On the Republican contest of NIRS."
The mechanism, the organization and structure of research work of the department "E &M": scientific work includes basic levels of scientific activity: research activity of the faculty and staff, research work of students.
The general area of scientific research of the department "E & M" of EETI: "Economic sciences"
Research work of the faculty within these areas is proactive-character search. The main outcomes is defense of the theses, writing monographs, tutorials, articles, making reports at scientific conferences, updating the teaching and lecture material. The Research results are reflected in the teachers’ reports on research work of the year. The state and prospects of the development of research are regularly discussed at the faculty meetings, scientific-methodical, educational seminars of the department.
In addition to the meetings of the scientific and theoretical seminar raised questions about the state of research staff of the department, reviewed and approved the reports and plans for the research work of teachers.
One of the main areas of research in the department is the work of the leading teachers on doctoral theses.
Research work is assessed according to criteria such as:
- The amount of funded research;
- The amount of grants for the implementation of research;
- The number of patents;
- The number of published scientific papers and printed sheets, including journals with non-zero impact factor;
- citation of scientific articles and monographs of the faculty;
- cooperation with international organizations and the CIS countries and the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- the number of doctoral and master's degree, defended his dissertation at the period established by individual plans;
- Records of the research;
- The number of students involved in research, the effectiveness of NIRS.
The availability of the results of scientific research staff of the department: The results of all research work performed in EETI, are provided in the annual reports on the expiration of the reporting period (calendar year), in accordance with the annual plan of research.
The department carries out research activities in the field of fundamental and applied scientific research on the contractual basis.
All the materials of publications and printed editions are freely available to students and other faculty members of EETI.
On April 11, 2013 the teachers of the department "Economics and Management" had successfully been accredited as a subject of scientific and technical activities by the Committee of Science of MES RK and received the corresponding certificate of accreditation, which gave them the opportunity to participate in a competition of research projects funded by the state.
Publications in scientific journals
The department traditionally conducts research work on topical problems of economic trend. The staff of the department published more than 20 scientific papers for the 2014-2015 academic year. In 2014, in comparison with the 2013-2014 academic year the number of publications grew 1.1 times.
The staff of the department issued three tutorials for the disciplines being read as part of the educational program.
ORGANIZATION OF STUDENTS’ RESEARCH
The main objective of students’ research work is to improve the quality of training and upbringing specialists with higher education who can creatively apply it in practice to achieve technical, scientific and cultural progress and development of their capability of independent learning and cognitive activity.
The main objective of the research work of students is differentiated involvement of students to different forms of creative activity, given the level of their training.
• Formation of motivation for research work;
• assistance to student in mastering a scientific method of cognition, a deeper and creative development of educational material;
• upbringing creative attitude towards their future profession through research activities;
• teaching students the techniques and means of independent solutions of scientific and technological challenges and scientific-theoretical problems.
Types of NIRS:
• educational and research work to be included in the educational process and NIRS,
• Research work done outside of school hours.
The main form of NIRS to be included in the educational process is to conduct research when carrying out course and degree works.
Research work of students performed outside of the school hours is organized in the form of:
- participation of students in the fulfillment of topics of the state budget or economic contracts in groups or individually, in the works on creative cooperation and individual plan of teachers carried out in the departments;
- the work of student scientific clubs, student design offices, research laboratories;
- participation in exhibitions, conferences, symposia.