The educational program of 5В050600 "Economics" specialty was created on the basis of employers' request, in accordance with the national development priorities. The mission of the EP is: to prepare highly educated, competitive, competent professional staff with modern knowledge and practical skills of the economy at enterprises in various industries and various forms of ownership.
The improvement plan of the educational program is developed on the basis of the document "STRATEGIC PLAN OF DEVELOPMENT of the Ekibastuz Engineering and Technical Institute named after Academician K. Satpayev for 2010-2020yy. on the implementation of the Education Development State Program of the Republic of Kazakhstan for 2011-2020".
The objectives of the EP "Economics" are formulated as follows:
1. Formation of an educated intellectual personality, ready for creative activity in the field of economic science and practice, capable of self-development and continuous learning;
2. Providing professional theoretical knowledge in the field of economics and enterprise management with the aim of developing the ability of bachelors to self-improvement and self-development, the needs and skills of independent creative mastery of new knowledge throughout their active life.
3. Ensuring the acquisition of experience and practical skills in solving the economic problems of a modern enterprise, developing the ability to navigate under conditions of change and uncertainty in the process of passing professional practice at enterprises in various industries and forms of ownership.
4. Creating opportunities for improving the professional competence of a bachelor through the development of various supplementary education programs.
To implement these objectives, the following tasks are solved:
- analysis and synthesis of national and international experience in the preparation of production and technological, organizational and technological, design, research staff;
- purposeful formation of the contingent of students, specialized theoretical and practical training of students, in the training process oriented to the current needs of the employer;
- revealing the influence of the main trends of socio-economic and scientific and technical development on the activities of specific enterprises and organizations and adjusting the training of relevant professional competencies;
- graduate preparation for professional work in economic, financial, marketing, production, economic and analytical services of organizations of various industries, spheres and forms of ownership, as well as in financial, credit and insurance institutions, public authorities, academic and departmental research organizations, institutions of the vocational education system.
Bachelors in specialty 050506-Economics can perform the following types of professional activities:
- organizational and technological activities. Bachelor in this area has all the skills for skilled work in the development, implementation and application of management technology of a particular organization, including comprehensive analysis and monitoring of proper compliance with management technology in a particular organization, participates in the creation of a scientific, methodological and organizational and technological base for management , together with other specialists, develops and applies the most effective methods, rules and procedures investment, innovation and environmental management, conducting foreign economic activities in specific companies, takes an active part in the process of organizing production, ensuring the technological process with the necessary resources, organizing logistics management, selling products at the enterprise, developing measures for rational use of natural resources and protecting the environment;
- production and management activities. Production and management activity is the prerogative of bachelors in this area of training, since the educational process requires them to thoroughly study all issues related to the management process, including: production management; creation of an effective management system; the analysis of the effectiveness of management decisions, the implementation of controlling across the entire spectrum of production management activities;
- the project activity of bachelors in the field "Economics" is carried out in two main directions:
organizational design and feasibility study of projects. Organizational design includes the development of organizational management structures, their implementation, adaptation, and analysis of economic projects, involves the development and analysis of the effectiveness of specialized documents (feasibility study, business plan, etc.) relating to the organization of a new enterprise or an economic project and necessary for obtaining credits, loans and other types of financial support;
- the research activities of bachelors in this field are carried out both within the framework of research programs of higher education institutions and within the corresponding research groups of scientific research institutes, industrial enterprises and corporations. A special place is given to international programs of scientific cooperation in the field of economy, organization, management;
- educational or pedagogical activity of bachelors of economics involves the professional activity in gymnasiums, colleges and lyceums.
Functions of professional activity.
- participation in the development of state programs for the development of the national economy;
- ensuring the implementation of production programs, projects, enterprise development strategies;
- organization, planning and coordination of enterprise management activities and formation of the company's market strategy;
- development of measures to improve the organization activities of all units, including: planning, forecasting, management of costs and material and technical supply, logistics, sales;
- improving the methodology of calculating wages, efficiency, labor rationing, etc .;
- planning and implementation of foreign economic activity;
- management of planning, implementation of work on examination of project, pre-project documentation in terms of its compliance with international standards;
- implementation of economic analysis;
- conducting analytical calculations on fixed assets and materials, rationing of expenditure items;
- control over all types of economic, organizational and managerial activities;
- monitoring compliance with norms and standards for environmental management and environmental protection;
- introduction of innovations in the sphere of material and non-material production.